Overstromingsvoorspeller is a flood forecast web application developed for the Flemish Enviroment Agency (VMM). The main task of the VMM is to inform the public when a flood is imminent. The web site has the following features:
- Informs the general public and emergency services in the case of a flood.
- Provides nearly realtime flood forecast for the next 48 hours based on a mathematical model which gets input from a big number of rain gauges.
- Operators monitor the unnavigable waterways and adjust the results of the mathematical model where necessary. They also provide warning information and prediction text.
- Forecast information is presented geographical and uses different color codes to indicate possible floods.
- By clicking on the main map a more detailed map for the region clicked is shown.
- A tabular overview of all available rain gauges and their measurements is available.
- A tabular overview of all rain forecasts is available.
Keywords: AWF, Website, Water