The Schelderadarketen has installed more than 10 AIS basestations along the Westerscheldt and the North Sea. These AIS data is continue fed to an AIS Web application integrated in the website www.vts-scheldt.net.
ALSIC was responsible for the development of the AIS Web application. A database is continuously updated by a receiving service which is responsible for the parsing of AIS data. This means that each AIS message is decoded using the ITU-1371.1 standard.
The AIS web application shows the vessel tracks using the standard triangle notation on an ECDIS chart. The features of the web application are:
- Pan, zoom in and zoom out
- Selection of vessels
- Presentation of extra AIS data such as
- Static and Voyage related data
- Safety related messages
- ETA at lock/bridge/terminal
- Number of persons on board
- Support for Class A (maritime and Inland AIS) and Class B transponders
- Search functionality based on MMSI, Name of Call sign
- Exclusion of certain area’s and vessels
- Presentation of additional AIS messages:
- Signal status
- Basestation report
- Water level report
- EMMA warning
- Archival of raw AIS data
In 2010 the AIS Web application has been upgraded to Inland AIS (ITU-1371.3 standard).
Keywords: AIS, AWF, RIS, ECDIS, Website, Water